Tampa, Florida-- Tampa Police Department has reported several intersections currently have non-functioning traffic lights due to weather conditions.
Officials say they have received a high volume of calls in dispatch, and officers currently work to get to the intersections to direct traffic.
The following major intersections either have no power, flashing lights, or debris in the roadway:
- I275 and Fowler Avenue
- Busch Blvd and Florida Avenue
- Nebraska Ave and Hillsborough Avenue
- Hillsborough Ave and Central Avenue
- Sligh Ave and Central Avenue
- Fowler Ave and 30th Street
Tampa Police would like to remind drivers to treat intersections with non-working lights as a four way stop, and to also heed traffic advisories, obey traffic detours and exercise caution when driving in and around standing water.
There are also reports of trees down on the following roads and intersections:
- 2404 Ramona Circle North
- Sligh Avenue at 15th Street
- 805 East Elm Street
- Sligh Ave and 15th Stree(tree in roadway)
- Nebraska Ave and Hanna Avneue 40th St
- Hillsborough Avenue 28th St Busch Blvd (tree in roadway)
- Busch Blvd and Boulevard
TECO has reported they currently have nearly 9,000 customers without power at this time.
Keep an eye on their online outage map to see the areas/customers affected.