St. Petersburg, FL - Fire officials say it appears an electrical short started a fire in the 4600 block of 19th Ave S. overnight.
When firefighters arrived, the back of the house was engulfed in flames causing an estimated $35,000 and $50,000 in damage.
A family of four was home watching TV when the fire broke out.
Investigators say they believe the fire started due to an overloaded electrical cord that the homeowner used to power his Citizens Band radios. There were no working smoke alarms in the home.
The Red Cross has been contacted to assist the family. No injuries were reported.